Are you ready to take on 2019 with
As you go through your new year’s resolutions, think about where your wardrobe fits in. If you made a little shift in your personal style, how much could your confidence explode?
What you wear can completely impact your psychology and mindset. So if you’re looking to change certain habits or behaviors in 2019, your closet is the perfect place to start. You can dress to feel more confident, powerful, kind, caring, giving, and graceful.
So whatever your new year’s resolutions are, they’ll be easier to reach if you start with a style resolution! Want to boost your career? Dress for success. Want to wake up with more energy? Save time by streamlining your closet.
Upgrade your wardrobe, upgrade your life.
Check out our 5 style new year’s resolutions that you can implement to take your 2019 to the next level!
1. Quality clothes for a quality woman.
You deserve the best—in life and in your closet. So it’s time to enhance your closet to include only the best clothing and accessories.
This doesn’t mean you need to start spending thousands of dollars. In fact, our other resolutions on this list will make sure you save money while still buying quality clothing.
The goal is to treat yourself to investment style that will take your life to the next level. Because wearing high-quality clothes have some serious benefits:
- You’ll look and feel better. Quality clothes fit better and last a longer period of time. Well-fitting clothes will help shift your mindset and make you more confident, which will
in turnmake you happier and sexier! (Beauty starts and ends with how you feel in your clothes.)
- You’ll be healthier. Quality clothes are made with fewer chemicals or synthetics that can harm your health. Fast fashion is often loaded with dyes and materials that can disrupt your hormonal balance, cause skin irritations, and even worsen your wellness long-term. Avoid this by investing in well-made fashion.
- You’ll help the environment. Those chemicals in fast fashion also end up in the world around us, which can hurt the environment like they can your health. Plus, buying fewer pieces that are greater quality uses less energy consumption and fabric. You’re investing in clothes that last longer, so you’re wasting less fabric and textiles.
- You’ll save money. Quality investment purchases help you save money in the long-term, so you can buy even more gorgeous investment pieces for your closet.
So how do you start buying higher quality clothes?
- Educate yourself about good quality clothes. Be a smart shopper! Learn how consignors determine “quality” here: How To Buy Quality Clothing Like An Expert Designer.
- Be choosey. You have the right to know what’s going on your body. Take time to look at the materials and production process of your clothing before purchasing.
- Find brands that speak to you. There are so many retailers with similar styles out there. So make your decision based on the company’s mission and story, so you know your products are always aligned with your beliefs.
But what if I’m on a budget? Can I still afford quality clothes? Yup! (We answer this question in numbers 2 and 3 below!)
2. Keep it clean and lean.
Minimalism is on-trend—and for a good reason! The less you have, the more physical and mental space you have to breathe. De-cluttering your closet streamlines your dressing process and focuses only on those outfits that bring you joy every time you put them on.
So it’s time to get down to the basics. Get rid of the stuff you don’t need, so you can focus on those items that make you feel great. One of your top style resolutions should be to only wear clothes that make you happy– get rid of those “hang out” clothes that don’t take you to the next level.
As Socrates wrote, “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”
To get started with a minimalist closet, check out our 11 Classic Wardrobe Essentials You Need To Own.
3. Shop secondhand.
So you want to focus on quality over quantity. This usually means buying designer items with a higher price point than the average fast fashion on the market.
But what if it’s just not in the budget to buy only designer, luxury clothes? That’s where consignment comes in—and we know you’ll love this option for your style resolutions! Shopping secondhand stores gives you access to clothes from the top designers and brands at a fraction of the cost.
Most of these designers also offer classic, timeless pieces that can last in your closet for years. So not only do you save money shopping secondhand, but you end up spending less in the long-term as well.
Best yet, shopping secondhand ensures you stop contributing to the large amounts fashion waste we have in America. You’re buying gently used clothing that just need a little love to bring them back to their gorgeous glory.
Shopping secondhand saves your wallet, your wardrobe, and your planet!
4. Take care of your clothing.
Quality clothing can last for years (if not decades). You don’t have to worry about laundry fatigue or wear and tear on your designer clothing if you know how to properly care for them.
If you care for your clothing, it can last forever. The longer it lasts, the more you emphasize sustainability and save money (so you can buy more investment pieces!). So make the resolution this year to focus on giving your clothing a little TLC.
Learn how to care for your clothing with our article: 10 Easy Hacks To Make Your Clothes Last Longer. (These hacks are so easy—and they really work!)
5. Be you.
A lot of stylists will tell you that your new year’s resolution should be to “be bold” or “embrace color.” And we agree with that for the most part. Getting out of your comfort zone is the best way to grow and uncover who you really are. Try out a new style that will make you feel beautiful and confident, like the super easy and fun color blocking trend.
But don’t take on trends just for the sake of being trendy. This year, we think there should be a new resolution:
Be you. Embrace your unique style.
If you like a classic look, purchase clothing that will make you look and feel timeliness. Indulge in the animal print trend if you want to try something new. Get more statement pieces if you love chunky jewelry. If you’re a professional powerhouse, spend money on quality work attire.
Try out different styles. See what feels good. Then buy more of what you like! The more your closet reflects you, the easier it is for you to live your truth and be confident in your skin every. single. day.
There is nothing more beautiful, sexy, and powerful than
Love your style resolutions!
This year, make a resolution to wear clothing that makes you more you. Quality clothing not only lasts longer, saves money, and helps the environment—but it will also make you look and feel better every day. Your style resolutions will help make you more confident, which will allow your natural radiance to shine through.
“Over the years, I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.” – Yves Saint Laurent